Sunday, July 18, 2010

Amazing Vietnamese Electrics

The system of wiring the power lines in Vietnam is easily the most complicated I've seen in my life.  Vietnam does not have individual transformers (that I have seen so far) to step down the high voltage from the main distribution lines.  Thus, if a new business comes online on a block, a new wire is strung to that individual business from a centrally located transformer that serves several blocks.  The result is something that ends up looking like this:

Man working on collection of confusing electrical wires


I really wouldn't want his job- I have no idea how he figures out which wire goes where.

1 comment:

  1. These sights were quite amusing/scary when I first saw them.

    Re: The technician - I reckon he must use a process of elimination and the shouts of angry shop owners left in the dark, as a guage!

    I agree, he can keep his job...way to much head hurting for me.

    ReplyDelete

Shopping list here