Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Home in Vietnam

I decided to write a post about what my home is like here. At my home in Vietnam we have a factory for manufacturing plastics as well as a small processing plant for some agricultural products.  The house has been built for around 20 years and is rather spacious.  All of the homes in Vietnam are built of brick and cement which makes them very strong structurally.  Also, houses here are not electrically grounded so you should unplug expensive electronics during storms here!


My home in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam

This is the garden for the house.  We have several orchids which are very popular in Vietnam. We also have many more at another location.  I would like to rent them to some companies here in Saigon for a small monthly fee.  Do you know anyone who is interested? :)

My garden in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam

I was a bit shocked when I first arrived here and found that my room resembled more of a prison than a bed room.  The bedroom door is made of Iron and has bars across the glass (see below).  The window in my room also has bars.  I have gotten used to it now, though;  now I see it as safe and secure.

My room in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam

We have a large storage area for our chemicals located nearby the house.  I like the texture of the walls and the generally "used" appearance of the place.  There are even monkeys that live in the trees.  Au naturel.  Also located on this street is a small port which means there are always large trucks barreling down the road.  You do not want to have an accident with these trucks- many people lose their lives here in such accidents.

My warehouse in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam

Vietnamese coffee shops can be found at random homes along the street.  One I enjoy going to is very near my house and serves good coffee with hot tea for around 0.25usd - a great value.  I enjoy going there and sitting with a Vietnamese friend of mine and practicing English and Vietnamese with him.  It is relatively quiet during the day and a very local setting.  I think I will go have a cup of coffee now!

Quiet coffee shop in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shopping list here